Regulations of the Institute of Industrial Science Alumni Association
Established on June 3rd, 2004
1. General Rules
- This association is named "The Institute of Industrial Science Alumni Association", hereinafter called The Association.
- The Association aims to encourage the relations among its members and their contribution to the development of the Institute of Industrial Science.
- The Association can establish branch offices outside Japan.
- The Association secretariat is located at the Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo.
2. Membership requirements
- Any person who has had a position at The 2nd Division of Engineering, The Branch School of the Engineering Department, or The Institute of Industrial Science, including graduate and undergraduate students, faculty members, researchers, technicians, administrative and working staff, and part-time staff, can be a member of the Association.
- Members can join or withdraw from the Association by submitting an application.
- Members are required to inform to the Association any changes in their job, office, address, etc.
3. Association Board Members and supporting staff3.1The Association Board has the following members:
3.2The Association Chairperson is selected in two steps. First, the candidate is selected based on consultation among past Chairpersons and the past and present Director Generals of the Institute of Industrial Science. Then, this candidate should be ratified by consensus among the Association's members at the General Assembly.3.3The Association Vice Chairperson is appointed by the Chairperson and should be ratified by this Association' members at the General Assembly.3.4The Association Secretaries are appointed by the Chairperson.3.5The Chairperson manages the Association's businesses on behalf of the Association.3.6The Vice Chairperson assists the Chairperson and carry out his duties as a proxy when the Chairperson is not able to do so.3.7The Secretaries carry out the businesses of the Association under the Chairperson's command.3.8The service term of the Association Board is three years. This period may be extended.3.9If the Chairperson deems it necessary, the Association Board may appoint supporting staff.
- A Chairperson
- Several Vice Chairperson
- Several Secretaries
4. General assembly
- The General Assembly should be held once a year in June. During it important issues such as: ratification of the Chair and Vice Chairpersons, previous year budget report, changes of the Association regulations, etc. are discussed.
- The issues which are not required to be discussed at the General Assembly may be decided by the Association Board.
5. Property and budget
- The property of the Association depends on the members' donations and its bank interests.
- 2. The donations are based on the free will of the members and are not compulsory.
- 3. The Association annual balance will be reported to its members. The budget year starts on April 1st and ends on March 31st of the next year.
These rules were prepared, announced and approved on June 3rd, 2004. They are effective from April 1st, 2004.
- The donations by members are welcomed at any time. Due to the administrative costs of handling the donations, a minimum donation unit equal to 1,000 yen is defined. Donations are expected to be equivalent to a certain number of minimum units.
- Current members of the Institute of Industrial Science are welcomed in the Association.